I have been preparing myself for a week or so knowing that the last day of Aida's preschool would be emotional for me. I value the relationships in my life so much that saying goodbye to those I value and love hurts. Saying goodbye to the 4 teachers Aida had for the past 3 years would not be easy or tear free. The moment I dropped Aida off at All Together Now 3 years ago, I know she would be in good hands. I never had one complaint about them. I am thinking that is rare when you are trusting others with your kids. Here are the things that they gave to Aida throughout her time there:
1. Stability. The teachers never left. She had the same team the whole time.
2. Free play. Those kids had tons of time to play and learn social skills.
3. Outdoor time. They had gardens, went on nature walks, and had a HUGE yard to play in. This was the selling point for me. I needed her to have an outdoor space so she could run and play with her buddies, get dirty in the mud, fall down and learn how to get back up, etc.
4. Potty Training!
5. Teaching her not to bite others (she was a big time biter)! Use your words!
7. Art. Be creative. I cannot believe the little artist that I have. Unbelievable. And, they let her explore and nurture that.
8. Music. They had Music Together classes every other week. Aida has a great sense of music and appreciation of music because of this program.
9. Love your friends. Apologize. Be kind. Get angry. Express yourself.
What else could you want out of a place that is teaching your kids during such crucial years of their lives?
We got more than we could have ever wanted.
Here are some pictures from today:
|Cleaned up for the day, but this is a main area for Art and eating, etc.|
|Music room, nap room, library, you name it.|
|Robin saying goodbye to Aida, telling her "You are such a wonderful artist.|
I can see you doing illustrations for books some day." Robin is a talented artist
and definitely took an interest in Aida's skills.
|The backyard! Pure fun.|
|Ellen, the director, saying her goodbyes to Aida|
"You have grown to be such a wonderful young lady."
|The beautiful, lush entrance to the preschool.|
|Kindergarten, here I come!|
So, time to get some tissues. Writing this makes me weepy but happy to have given my child this experience. What is next in her life? Hoping to give everything to her that she needs.