I love crying.
I especially love how how easily I am triggered; to feel something and react. Sometimes, I don't even know I am crying and I feel the tears trickle down.
What an interesting biological response to feelings!
The brain connecting to the body.
More often than not, I don't feel sad, but if someone mentions something of deep meaning, I feel the water on my face.
I am grateful that I am capable and accepting of RELEASE.
What makes me cry? Not in any specific order... ;)
- Specifically, The Beach Boys "God Only Knows." Slays me every time.
- The transition into Spring, Summer and Fall.
- Memories of childhood holiday happiness.
- My daughter's adaptability.
- Remembering lying in bed with me mom when she died.
- Smelling cut grass for the first time every year.
- Learning that my friends have given birth to healthy babies.
- Views from mountain summits.
- Remembering how happy I was being pregnant with Faye.
- Remembering how sad I was when she died inside me.
- ...and remembering how sad everyone was that were surrounding me.
- Trail running.
- My daughter's resilience.
- Remembering my dogs. I loved them deeply.
- The joy of excelling in field hockey in high school.
- Memories of my Death Races and endurance events. I made life long friends from those intense weekends.
- Hiking mountains.
- My divorce. Crying in my ex's arms in the empty courtroom after it was done.
- Writing to my mother in law.
- Losing friends I was close to for many years.
- The crew of friends I have now.
- The Love I feel for my partner.
- My daughter's ability to continually teach me daily about life.
- My ability to allow myself to be vulnerable.
- Knowing that crying does not equal giving up, or most importantly, WEAKNESS.